Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Productive Day and Sewing Machine Maintenance

I have had a lovely day today - stitching with friends this morning talking patterns and threads. Then machine quilting on a couple of Linus Quilts. And since I finished stitching some special blocks, I just had to put the quilt together. But then the machine kept doing loopies. I re-threaded everything, then started pulling it apart and cleaning out the fluff, then finally had to pull the tension spring and hooky thing completely apart to get rid of the fluff that was catching!!
I suppose if that's the first time I have had to do that, then it takes a while to clog up, but I will look there again first next time.
And proof yet again that the Quilters Law does exist (our version of Murphy's Law) - that whenever you get within 2 inches of the end, the bobbin WILL run out.
Happy Quilting.
Lyn.
PS The Special quilt is a secret for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment